The front desk (located on the ground floor, at the entrance of IHECS) has an emergency pharmacy.
Also, the chemist at the César de Paepe Hospital offers a discount of 10% to IHECS students if you present your students card. Other chemists are located all over Brussels, and are usually open from 10 am to 6 pm (www.pharmacie.be).
Hospital & emergency
In case of a serious illness, do go to the nearest hospital or call an ambulance if you are unable to move. You can also call SOS Médecins (www.sosmedecins.be), which will send you a doctor.
At the César de Paepe hospital near IHECS, there are doctors available everyday (Rue des Alexiens, 11, 1000 Bruxelles – 02/ 506.71.11). But be aware that the hospital César de Paepe doesn’t have an emergency service. The hospital Saint-Pierre offers one (Rue Haute, 322 at 1000 Brussels – 02/535.40.55).
If you need to see a general doctor during weekends, evenings and banks holidays, there is the out-of-hours medical service (www.gbbw.be).
Pssst, download the 112BE app, it will allow you to call the police, the firemen or an ambulance wherever you are in Belgium. Thanks to the geolocation it will make your life easier!
WITH OR WITHOUT APPOINTMENT ?
You can either see a doctor with or without appointment. Here is a list of the various options offered to you :
• César de Paepe Hospital : There are general practitioners available every day, between 8:30 am and 11 am and on Wednesday afternoon.
• Poste de garde Athéna : It is open every day from 9 am to 11 pm. They also have a in-home service, call 02 / 201.22.22. But we strongly recommend you to go by yourself.
• At IHECS : Doctor Jouret offers free medical consultations to IHECS students on specific days : 22/11, 06/12, 20/12, 7/02, 21/02, 14/03, 28/03, 04/04 et le 02/05.
You’ll find him at the IHECS infirmary.
If you want to make an appointment, you can either contact a doctor, a hospital or go through websites :
• famgb.be, you will find in their website a list of doctors working near your home.
• Doctoranytime is a website where you can make an online appointment with any type of doctor (general, dentists, gynaecologist,…).
• Progenda (only in French and Dutch) is also a website to make an online appointment. You just need to know the name of the doctor you want to see, and (if the doctor uses that site) make the appointment.
Here are the numbers you can use to reach medical care in the evening or during the week-end in Brussels, but also the ambulance and the police number.
Chemists: 0900/40.090 (0,50 euros/minute)
Poison control center: 070/24.52.45